Sunday, January 22, 2012

Awards And Anniversaries!

Er.. There is only one award and one anniversary. I went for the plural because it sounded way better than 'an award and an anniversary':-))) The anniversary is of my blogs. Yes, they've been in existence now for four years! I am happy that I have them ready to oblige when the need hits me. Yet they are pliant and waiting when I run dry. Maybe I should get a dog. eh? My daughter and I have discussed this many times and we even got rejected in a puppy adoption interview because H and I work full time. So now we are thinking of a compromise and maybe thinking of getting a cat. They are such independent creatures yet so cuddly! It is still a big commitment and so we have not yet wet our feet on that one.

And...now for the award. Reflections in her kindness has given me the versatile blogger award. I am truly honored and am hoping to fulfill the tag that came with it though I am not very sure if I will succeed. Thanks Nance!


The rules of this tag:

 Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your Blog Post
 Thank the Blogger who nominated you
 Share 7 Random things about yourself
 Nominate 15 fellow Bloggers
 Inform the Bloggers of their nomination

Instead of 15 I bestow this award to all my readers who blog and urge them to put this up and follow the rules as necessary including the random tag.

As for 7 random things about myself, here we go in no particular order:
1. I am a woman.
2. I am a mother.
3. I am a sister.
4. I am a wife.
5. I am a daughter.
6. I am an aunt.
7. I am a niece.

Hey, I am getting the hang of this and loving it. I want to add more!
8. I am a granddaughter.
9. I am not a grandmother yet and hope it will stay that way for a reasonable time for all involved:-)
10. I am a grand niece.
11. I am a daughter-in-law.
12. I am a sister-in-law.
13. I am a niece-in-law.
14. I am an aunt-in-law.
15. Changing the tone a bit now: I am a friend.
16. I am a blogger.
17. I am an employee.
18. I am a citizen.
19. I used to be a student. Wish I could be again...
20. I love to read. Bet you couldn't have seen that coming!
21. I love to cook/experiment new things.
22. I am remodeling our kitchen.

OK. time to stop and take stock of what we have here. See number 22? Yup that is what is going on in our kitchen as we speak. Only, instead of the promised 4 days it is now into the 3rd week that we have been doing without a kitchen. So then how are we surviving? The kids subsist on butter chicken and naan lovingly cooked by the nearby Indian store cooks, I on brioche bread from Whole Foods topped with honey and H on the brown rice we had cooked before all this started but which is now finished. If the contractors won't get off their lovely bottoms and speed things up we might be heading towards marital disharmony with all the juggling that's been going on... It is not all that bad though. We steam/bake our way into most that we can and do cook some food outside. If only it wasn't winter though... I am having some fun on the side doing kitchen decor shopping. It is supposed to be all done by this Thursday and I have fingers crossed left and right so wish me luck.

Thanks nance, I guess I got a little carried away but I had fun doing the tag.

3 comments:

Faseela said...

congrats on ur 4th ur......waiting 4 more of ur sweey recipes

Reflections said...

4th blogganiversary huh....how time flies;-o

I had this beeeg grin on my face when I saw tht u had attempted the tag & then as I was reading ur random facts the smile vanished replaced by hmmmmmfffhhh expression. I so badly wanted to poke u in the ribs;-/.

I forgive u only bcoz ur kitchen is being remodelled & understand the confusion going around;-D

lan said...

thanks faseela. i hope you will take up the award and the tag.

nance, yes time flies. i honestly wasn;t sure what to write for random facts and once i got the first one it was a breeze:-)) kitchen still dysfunctional so i can take all sympathy i can get..