Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Special Visitor

This is the visitor mentioned in yesterday's post. Last Monday on May 4th I was sitting on the sofa looking out into the backyard when I saw a movement. Lo and behold, a grey heron has visited us! How did it even know of the 4 little goldfish living peacefully in our pond? Maybe it didn't come fishing at all.. I am not sure. It was one beautiful bird! The photos don't do justice. It had a little tassel hanging on the back as seen here. I had to quickly snap some pics through the patio glass so it could only be so clear. Here are two minutes worth of pictures captured in my camera through the glass.

Just Landed

Checking out the fish
Looks like a good catch!


Wait! Maybe not.


Someone is looking at me

Hello, I have come in peace.

Hi there

I am going to take leave now.







































Bye..
I just had to call my son to show this to him The sound and the movement probably alerted the bird and it flew away. It was just great to see this beautiful bird right in our backyard by the pond. My daughter missed it since she was sleeping but she and H were happy to see the pics. Thanks for the visit beautiful bird. I shall go on thinking this indeed was a very special visit since such a bird hasn't come this way before or since.

No comments: