Saturday, December 29, 2018

Oven Roasted Potatoes

2018 has been a very busy year but that is not an excuse not to do at least one post! For the life of me I cannot find a picture to go with this roasted potatoes recipe but I am posting anyways. HAunt had sent us an air fryer and I now use that more than the oven. To cook this in the air fryer, use an air fryer basket and bake at 390F (~200C) following the same steps.

Roasted red potatoes are always popular around here. I thought I had a post on this somewhere among the thanksgiving posts but couldn't find it when I was looking for it recently. So this is a must to add it here. As all other oven recipes, this is also easy but not as fast as I'd like it to be. We'll solve  that problem at a later time. Now it it time to record this tried and tested recipe.

In The Mix

Small red or white potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs
Olive oil - 1/8 cup
Kosher salt - 3/4 tsp
Freshly ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
Garlic cloves, minced - 3 /1 tbsp
Fresh rosemary leaves, minced - 2 tbsp

How To Do

Preheat the oven to 400F. I like using the small toaster oven for this.

Cut the potatoes in half or quarter so all sizes are even. Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl and toss the potatoes until well coated. Place the potatoes in a single layer to a foil lined cookie sheet. Roast for about an hour. Flip every 20 minutes using a spatula for even cooking. Keep an eye during the last 5-10 minutes to avoid over browning.

Let sit for 5-10 minutes and enjoy as a snack or with some form of meat protein to balance out this delicious carb.

1 comment:

soulsearchingdays said...

hi, This sounds so yummy, you know what we eat potatoes regularly but I have never had oven roasted potatoes and I think I am going to try this, it sounds so yummy...
keep the dishes coming...
take care